Be on the Show
From the Top seeks young musicians to feature on a NPR radio program and national arts leadership program.
- Perform before a live and national radio audience.
- Join fellow young musicians in an arts leadership orientation workshop to think about how you can make a difference in the world with your music and abilities.
- Young musicians with financial need can apply for From the Top's Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award.
- Opportunities to perform at school visits, non-traditional “pop-up” performances, and private events.
You are eligible if you:
• Are between the ages of 8–18 and have not enrolled in a college or conservatory.
• Live in or have a significant training connection to the US.
• Solo instrumentalists
• Small ensembles (8 members or fewer)
• Large ensembles (9 members or more)
From the Top’s primary focus is to present music from the western classical tradition. However, we occasionally present music from other non-pop genres including folk music, world music, spirituals, and acoustic or piano jazz. Learn more in our FAQs.
SENIORS: We encourage you to apply as early as possible – at the latest by March 1. We will still review your application if you submit it later, but given our rolling admissions system and limited slots, your chances of being selected for an appearance on From the Top are greater the earlier you apply.