With From the Top’s new Teacher Kit your students can listen to interviews and performances, watch behind-the-scenes video of rehearsal sessions and at-home moments, and use the learning activities designed to accompany the radio and TV programs.
Each Kit is an attractive, 7” x 11” tri-fold packet that contains:
1. Three multimedia products:
- ‘Sample the Sounds’ CD
- Episodes and lesson plans, From the Top at Carnegie Hall, Season 2
- ‘Music to Me’ DVD with 2 full episodes of From the Top at Carnegie Hall, Season 2
2. 12-page booklet with suggested activities for the classroom, descriptions of each episode of our Emmy-Award winning television program From the Top at Carnegie Hall, and its accompanying lesson plans.
3. Classroom poster of diverse young musicians playing their instruments, and bookmarks of the same design
Linked to national standards, these resources give students the opportunity to:
- Listen to, analyze, and describe classical music
- Evaluate music and music performances
- Explore the relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts
- Discuss music in relation to history and culture
To purchase a Teacher Kit for $20.00, please visit our online store.