From the Top seeks young musicians to feature on NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley radio program and national arts leadership program.
PLEASE NOTE: We are in the process of moving to a new application system. During this transition, our application will not be available online. The new application will open on August 1, 2015. Once it is available, we will link to it on this page. If you are interested in applying for a show this fall and live near Atlanta, Georgia, Montana, or Maine, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to apply. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
- Perform before a live and national radio audience.
- Join fellow young musicians in an arts leadership orientation workshop to think about how you can make a difference in the world with your music and abilities.
- Young musicians with financial need can apply for From the Top’s Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award.
- Opportunities to perform at school visits, non-traditional “pop-up” performances, and private events.
You are eligible if you:
- Are between the ages of 8–18 and have not enrolled in a college or conservatory.
- Live in or have a significant training connection to the US.
- Solo instrumentalists
- Small ensembles (8 members or fewer)
- Large ensembles (9 members or more)
From the Top’s primary focus is to present music from the western classical tradition. However, we occasionally present music from other non-pop genres including folk music, world music, spirituals, and acoustic or piano jazz. Learn more in our FAQs.
For more information, please read our FAQs.
If you are applying for one of our upcoming shows, please contact Tim Lienhard at email@example.com.
From time to time, we will hold LIVE auditions at certain locations. Information will be posted here.