Apply for the From the Top Arts Leadership Grant
Are you a From the Top alum looking to make a difference through music? We want to help!
Do you want to inspire others and create change in your community? Do you want to make an impact with your music? Do you have a big idea but need resources or support to do it? The From the Top Arts Leadership Grant is built with you in mind.
Applications are due by March 15, 2017.
The Arts Leadership GrantThe From the Top Arts Leadership Grant program will offer two grants of up to $5,000 each to From the Top alumni arts leaders ages 16-26 for projects that:
- Reflect concern for civic responsibility as artists
- Expand the professional skills and capacity of the arts leader
- Include a highly collaborative community outreach and engagement component, particularly with a community or group in need of assistance
- Incorporate a plan for a continuing relationship and/or remote follow-up with the community being served
More about Arts Leadership projects
The above criteria could be met in a variety of ways, and we look forward to a wide range of proposals. Here are a few potential areas of focus for projects:
- Media – video or multimedia that shares music with new audiences; OR that explores themes of social/civic change; OR that bridges genres with interdisciplinary collaboration
- Live Performance – a series of benefit concerts, or touring performances with community/educational outreach aspects
- Education – work in classrooms, alternative programming, or other workshops, seminars, etc.
Considering the scope and size of the grant, we encourage projects that incorporate two or more of the above elements. That said, we also welcome projects that interpret the core criteria in ways we have not suggested.
Examples of (smaller) arts leadership projects conducted by From the Top alumni can be found in our Arts Leadership Library.
Deadlines and important informationApplicants must submit all the following materials by March 15, 2017:
1. A completed application, which includes the following:
- Purpose Statement (see Application Checklist)
- Proposed timeline of project tasks (See Example)
- Proposed budget for grant, including income and other potential sources of funding (See Example)
- (Optional) A current resume, detailing relevant experience
2. Two (2) recommendation letters, emailed directly from recommenders to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will be notified of their status after May 1, 2017.
The Arts Leadership Grant is generously funded by the Howard and Geraldine Polinger Family Foundation.