NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Athens, Georgia / Show 270
This week From the Top comes to you from Hodgson Concert Hall on the campus of the University of Georgia in Athens, where you’ll hear a young guitarist from New York evoke the palace of Alhambra and an outstanding piano trio from Minnesota play the music of Smetana. Also, a teenage cellist beautifully performs Maurice Ravel’s Kaddish.
Performers & Repertoire
- Scherzo-Tarantelle, Op.16 by Henryk Wieniawski
- "Recuerdos de la Alhambra" (Memories of the Alhambra) by Francisco Trrega
- Andante Spianato and Grande Polonaise Brillante, Op.22 by Frdric Chopin
- "Kaddish" by Maurice Ravel
- I. Moderato Assai from the Piano Trio in G minor, Op.15 by Bedrich Smetana
Beyond the Concert Hall
Reaching Out in Athens (http://greenroom.fromthetop.org/2013/05/07/from-the-top-makes-a-big-impact-in-athens-georgia/)
- Monday, September 30, 2013
- Monday, April 29, 2013
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.