Boston, MA / 106
On this week’s show, you’ll hear outstanding musicians from 13 to 18 years old, including a fantastic trio from New York City playing the music of Astor Piazzolla and a fabulous violinist from Cape Cod, Massachusetts playing Bartok’s Rhapsody No. 1.You’ll also meet a colorful soprano who sings “The Prima Donna Song” and an exceptionally advanced 13-year-old pianist who is already working on his M.D./Ph.D. Also, this week’s tuba-playing teen sees his dream come true when Roving Reporter Hayley Goldbach springs into action.
Performers & Repertoire
- Otono porteno from “Las Cuatro Estaciones Portenas” by Astor Piazzolla, and Scherzo from Archduke Trio by Ludwig van Beeethoven
- Des Abends and Grillen from “Fantasiestucke” by Robert Schumann
- Art is Calling For Me (“The Prima Donna Song”) by Victor Herbert
- Horn Concerto No. 3 in E-flat Major, 3rd mvt. by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Rhapsody No. 1, 2nd mvt. by Béla Bartók
- Monday, January 23, 2006
- Monday, May 9, 2005
- Monday, November 8, 2004
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.