NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Carmel, Indiana / 249
This week, From the Top comes to you from the Palladium at the Center for the Performing Arts in Carmel, Indiana, where you’ll hear a 15-year-old cellist perform one of Chopin’s teenage compositions and an 11-year-old violinist play a piece by Hungarian composer Jenö Hubay. Also, an 18-year-old guitarist performs “Andaluza” by Enrique Granados and shares a powerful story about his life and world view.
Performers & Repertoire
- Hejre Kati, Scènes de la csárda, No. 4, Op. 32 by Jenö Hubay
- Spanish Dance No.5, "Andaluza" by Enrique Granados
- Polonaise Brillante, Op. 3 by Frédéric Chopin
- Quartet Tzigane | Graydon Tope, 15, violin; Sloane Wesloh, 15, viola; Parker Tope, 13, cello; Evren Ozel, 13, pianoIV. Allegro Molto from Piano Quartet in D minor
- L’isle joyeuse by Claude Debussy
- Monday, October 8, 2012
- Monday, April 16, 2012
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.