NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Denver, Colorado/ Show 266
This week, From the Top comes to you from Boettcher Concert Hall in Denver where our teenagers play with the great Colorado Symphony. You’ll hear an outstanding 17-year-old organist join the orchestra to perform the final movement of the Saint-Saens Symphony No. 3 and meet a teenage violinist who plays Sarasate’s Zigeunerweisen while sharing the stage with her parents (click here to see pictures), who are orchestra members. Also, the Colorado ChildrenÕs Chorale sings the music of Randall Thompson.
Performers & Repertoire
- Zigeunerweisen, Op. 20 by Pablo de Sarasate, with theColorado Symphony,ÊScott O'Neil, conductor
- "The Pelican" from The Place of the Blest for treble choir and orchestra by Randall Thompson, with the Colorado Symphony, Scott O'Neil, conductor
- II. Andante from the Piano Concerto No.2 in F major, Op.102 by Dmitri Shostakovich, with the Colorado Symphony, Scott O'Neil, conductor
- II. Scherzo: Allegro, from the Horn Trio in E-flat Major, Op.40 by Johannes Brahms
- V. Maestoso from the Symphony No.3 in C minor, Op.78, "Organ" by Camille Saint-Sans, with the Colorado Symphony, Scott O'Neil, conductor
- Monday, August 19, 2013
- Monday, February 25, 2013
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.