NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Greensburg, Pennsylvania / 262
From the Palace Theatre in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, this week’s From the Top features a local 12-year-old pianist playing one of Aaron Copland’s most playful pieces, a talented 15-year-old cellist performing Schumann, and the fantastic Junior Division winners of the nation’s most prestigious chamber music competition performing from Leos Janacek’s String Quartet No. 2.
Performers & Repertoire
- Quartet Stracciatella | Erika Gray (16), violin, HyunJae Lim (14), violin, Stephanie Block (18), viola, Johannes Gray (15), celloIV. Allegro from String Quartet No.2, “Intimate Letters,” by Leoš Janáček
- “The Cat and the Mouse” by Aaron Copland
- Sonata No.1 for Violin and Piano in A minor, Op.105, I.Mit leidenschaftlichem Ausdruck by Robert Schumann
- “Féerie: Prélude et Danse by Marcel Tournier
- III. Rasch, mit Feuer from Fantasiestücke, Op.73 by Robert Schumann
- Monday, January 27, 2014
- Monday, July 22, 2013
- Monday, December 31, 2012
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation