NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Highlight Show 23
Featuring nearly twice as much music as From the Top’s regular episodes, this “Mostly Music” highlights program celebrates some of the best performances by young people From the Top has presented over the past couple of seasons. We meet a wonderfully quirky 14-year-old cellist, enjoy Mozart performed by a teenager from New York State, and we hear perhaps the strongest teenage baritone From the Top has ever encountered sing the music of Schubert.
Performers and repertoire:
Performers & Repertoire
- “Capriccio” by Lukas Foss
- Presto from Piano Sonata No. 2 by Avner Dorman
- Allegro con fuoco from Violin Sonata, Op. 119, by Francis Poulenc
- Allegro from String Quartet No. 9 in E-flat major, Op. 117, by Dmitri Shostakovich
- Allegro from Oboe Quartet in F major, K. 370, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- “Kriegers Ahnung” from Schwanengesang, D 957, by Franz Schubert
- Allegro molto from Piano Quartet in D minor by William Walton
- “Alleluia” by Randall Thompson
- Monday, October 20, 2014
- Monday, December 7, 2015
- Monday, April 3, 2017
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.