NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Houston, TX / 254
This week’s show comes to you from the Brown Theater at the Wortham Center in Houston, Texas, where you’ll hear a 17-year-old baritone sing Schubert and a 15-year-old pianist play Liszt’s “La Campanella.” Also, the Houston Youth Symphony performs from Beethoven’s Fideli, and a 16-year-old from Houston performs a violin show piece – on the cello!
Performers & Repertoire
- Houston Youth Symphony with Michael Webster as Artistic Director and ConductorLeonore Overture No.3, Op.72b from “Fidelio” by Ludwig van Beethoven
- “Zigeunerweisen” by Pablo de Sarasate
- I.Massig bewegt from the Sonata in F major by Paul Hindemith
- "Kriegers Ahnung" from "Schwanengesang," D.957 by Franz Schubert
- “La Campanella” from Grandes étude de Paganini, S.141, No.3 in G-sharp minor by Franz Liszt
- Monday, October 28, 2013
- Monday, March 18, 2013
- Monday, September 3, 2012
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.