NPR’s From the Top: Boston, MA / Show 365
This week’s From the Top celebrates the 125th Anniversary of one of the great teaching grounds for classical musicians, the Walnut Hill School for the Arts! You might recognize this episode’s guest host from his roles on The Wire and HBO’s The Deuce, but you may not know Lawrence Gilliard Jr. is also a fantastic clarinetist. Listen as he introduces to us current students and a few illustrious alumni of Walnut Hill.
Performers & Repertoire
- IV. Finale. Vivace ma non troppo from String Quartet No.12, Op.96 by Antonín Dvořák, arr. Beatrice Affron
- III. Rasch und mit Feuer from Fantasiestücke, Op.73 by Robert Schumann
- "Ondine" from Gaspard de la Nuit by Maurice Ravel
- "Si, mi chiamano Mimi” from La Bohème by Giacomo Puccini, with Jung-A Bang, piano
- Legende by Georges Enescu
- II. Scherzo: Allegro con brio from Piano Trio No. 2 in e minor, Op. 67 by Dmitri Shostakovich
- Monday, March 11, 2019
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation