CANCELED: NPR’s From the Top: Interlochen, MI / Show 387
UPDATE: March 13, 2020
Statement from Interlochen Center for the Arts:
There are no suspected cases of COVID-19 on the Interlochen campus. We are taking these actions to protect the Interlochen community and to help slow the spread of COVID-19. We hope that these precautionary measures will help provide essential protection to individuals at risk of severe illness and support critical healthcare infrastructures.
Public Student Events
All public student events on the Interlochen campus are cancelled until further notice.
From the Top Residency & Events Canceled:
As a result, From the Top’s residency at the Interlochen Center for the Arts and all corresponding events have been canceled.
Both From the Top and the Interlochen Center for Arts hope to be able to reschedule these events in the future. We will update our community should new information arise.
- Co-Host: Alex Laing
Principal clarinet for The Phoenix Symphony, Alex Laing is committed to exploring the push and pull between a legacy art form and its unfixed future.
- Co-Host: Peter Dugan
A sought-after pianist and crossover artist, Peter Dugan has performed in duos and trios with artists ranging from Itzhak Perlman and Joshua Bell to Jesse Colin Young and Glenn Close.
Performers & Repertoire
- Interlochen Arts Academy Wind Ensemble, Matthew Schlomer, Director“Revelry” by William Pitts (b. 1986)
- Interlochen Arts Academy Wind Ensemble
Matthew Schlomer, Director with Alex Laing, clarinetMolly on the Shore by Percy Aldridge Grainger (1882-1961)
- Waltz in A-flat Major, op.42 by Frederic Chopin (1810-1849)
- Suite Hébraïque B. 83 by Ernest Bloch (1880-1959)
- Trombone Concerto by Nino Rota (1911-1979)
- Adagio of Spartacus and Phrygia from the ballet Spartacus by Aram Khachaturian (1903-1978)
- Sabre Dance from the ballet Gayane by Aram Khachaturian (1903-1978)
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation