NPR’s From the Top: Morristown, NJ / Show 377
- Guest Host: Peter Dugan
Pianist Peter Dugan has appeared as a soloist, recitalist, and chamber musician across North America and abroad. A sought-after crossover artist, Mr. Dugan has performed in duos and trios with artists ranging from Itzhak Perlman and Joshua Bell to Jesse Colin Young and Glenn Close.
Performers & Repertoire
- Sorella Piano Trio: Ashley Kim, piano, 17; Renée Choi, violin,17; Yireh Choi, cello, 14, from Demarest, NJCafé Music, I. Allegro by Paul Schoenfield (b.1947
- Solo de Concours by André Charles Prosper Messager (1853-1929
- Peter Dugan performing: Une promenade à travers le Metropolitan by Ethan Resnik (b. 2002)
- Caprice Basque, Op. 24 by Pablo de Sarasate (1844-1908
- “Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity” from The Planets, Op. 32 by Gustav Holst (1874-1934) arr. by Peter Sykes
- Monday, February 3, 2020
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
Sorella Piano Trio’s performance of Paul Schoenfield’s Café Music, I. Allegro is performed as part of the From the Top New Music Series with support from the Amphion Foundation and Aaron Copland Fund for Music
Alice McDonald’s performance on From the Top is in memory of Rob LeBuhn.