NPR’s From the Top: Storrs, CT/ Show 362
Guest Host Molly Yeh is a young chef with her own show on the Food Network called “Girl Meets Farm,” but before she developed an interest in food, she was an extraordinary classical percussionist who appeared on From the Top over a decade ago when she was just 15-years-old. This week, she returns to introduce us to an impressive lineup of young musicians including a flutist who performs music inspired by the great Maya Angelou and a 14-year-old cellist who gives a dazzling performance of the music Tchaikovsky.
Performers & Repertoire
- Pezzo Capriccioso by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893), with Peter Dugan, piano.
- I. Allegro in D minor from Four Etudes, Op.2 by Sergei Prokofiev (1891-1953).
- La Source, Op.23 by Albert Zabel (1834-1910).
- Fanmi Imèn, Poem for Flute and Piano by Valerie Coleman (b.1970), with Peter Dugan, piano.
- Sonatensatz in C Minor by Johannes Brahms (1833-1897), with Peter Dugan, piano.
- III. Toccata from Pour le piano by Claude Debussy (1862-1918).
- Monday, December 31, 2018
- Monday, July 15, 2019
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
Laura Futamura’s performance is part of From the Top’s New Music Series, supported in part by the Amphion Foundation and the Aaron Copland Fund for Music.