NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Atlanta, Georgia / 311
From Atlanta, Georgia, this week’s episode features a thrilling performance by a local public school choir, a 14-year-old cellist performs Tchaikovsky’s Pezzo capriccioso with tremendous warmth and spirit, and we’ll meet a young organist with a great story of how his devotion to musical scholarship got him into a bit of trouble⎯his local library once threatened him with over $2000 in fines for keeping so many musical scores out beyond their due date.
Performers & Repertoire
- Sonatensatz in C Minor by Johannes Brahms
- Pezzo Capriccioso by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Carillon de Westminster, Op. 54, No. 6, by Louis Vierne
- The first movement, Fantasie, and the second movement, Thema mit Variationen, from the Sonata for Viola and Piano, Op. 11, No. 4, by Paul Hindemith
- "A Jubilant Song" by Norman Dello Joio
- The second movement, Allegro, from Sonata for Cello and Piano in A Major, G. 4, by Luigi Boccherini (1743-1805) arranged by Alfredo Piatti
- Monday, November 9, 2015
- Monday, May 9, 2016
- Monday, January 2, 2017
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation