NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Stulberg, Michigan / Show 357
From one of the most prestigious teenage music competitions in the country, this episode of From the Top doubles as a documentary featuring the Stulberg International String Competition! In addition to adrenaline-filled performances from three young musicians striving for first prize, we’ll hear from the organization’s executive director and one of the judges.
Performers & Repertoire
- Finale, Allegro Assai Vivace, from the Violin Concerto in D, Opus 35 by Erich Korngold, Elizabeth DeMio piano
- La Li, 15, celloFirst and second movements from the Cello Concerto in E minor, Op. 85, by Edward Elgar, Elizabeth DeMio, piano
- “Grave” from the Sonata No. 2 in A minor by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Charlotte Marckx, 16, violinThird movement from the Violin Concerto No. 3 in B minor, Opus 61 by Camille Saint Saens, Andrea Swan, piano
- Monday, October 1, 2018
- Monday, February 25, 2019
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation