NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Danville, Kentucky / Show 335
From Danville, Kentucky, this week’s From the Top features a 10-year-old violinist who performs the music of Edward Elgar and shares some colorful stories of growing up in Kentucky with her 6 siblings. Also on the program, a beautifully detailed classical guitar performance by a young man from South Carolina, and a talented teenage pianist from Massachusetts performs Chopin.
Listen On The Go
Click here to listen to the show on our podcast – don’t forget to subscribe!
Performers & Repertoire
- II. Scherzo. Allegro marcato and IV. Vivace from Piano Sonata No.2, Op.14 by Sergey Prokofiev (1891-1953)
- Salut d’Amour, Op.12 by Edward Elgar (1857-1934), with Christopher O’Riley, piano
- II. Scherzo from the Sonata for Cello and Piano, Op.65 by Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849), with Christopher O’Riley, piano
- I. Preludio saudade and III. Allegro solemne from “La Catedral” by Agustín Barrios Mangoré (1885-1944)
- Cantabile et Presto by George Enescu (1881-1955), with Christopher O’Riley, piano
- III. Largo from the Sonata for Cello and Piano, Op.65 by Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849), with Christopher O’Riley, piano
- Monday, May 15, 2017
- Monday, December 4, 2017
- Monday, July 16, 2018
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
The William R. Kenan, Jr. Charitable Trust