NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Highlight Show 26
Featuring nearly twice as much music as From the Top’s regular episodes, this highlights program celebrates some of the best performances young people have given on From the Top over the past couple of seasons. Amongst the extraordinary young people featured on this episode, we meet the youngest artist ever to record all of the Chopin’s etudes with a major label and a violinist who, at the age of 9, isn’t big enough for a full-sized violin but whose sound fills the theater and brings down the house.
Performers & Repertoire
- “At the Fountain” Op. 20, No. 2 by Carl Davidoff, accompanied by Christopher O'Riley, piano.
- Etudes, Op. 10, No. 3 in E major and No. 12 in C minor, "Revolutionary" by Frédéric Chopin
- “Introduction and Tarantelle,” Op.43 by Pablo de Sarasate with Christopher O’Riley, piano
- Sonata for Oboe and Piano, Mvt. 1 “Elegie” by Francis Poulenc with Christoper O’Riley, piano
- “Bucking Bronco” from Cowboy Songs by Libby Larsen with Christopher O’Riley, piano
- Recuerdos De La Alhambra by Francisco Tarraga
- String Quartet No. 1 in G minor, Op. 26, Mvt I. Un poco andante - Allegro molto ed agitato by Edvard Grieg
- La Campanella by Franz Liszt
- Monday, December 12, 2016
- Monday, September 11, 2017
- Monday, March 12, 2018
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.