NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Las Vegas, Nevada / Show 351
Recorded live in Las Vegas for the very first time, this week’s episode of From the Top comes from the Smith Center and features an outstanding cast of young musicians from Nevada and beyond. A piano duo performs an electrifying piece for four-hands, a teenage guitarist shares his incredibly moving story about fleeing from his home country to study music in America, and a 13-year-old violinist wows the audience with two high-flying pieces.
Performers & Repertoire
- “Variations on a Theme of Paganini”, for Two Pianos, by Witold Lutosławski (1913-1994)
- Récit et Allegro by Noël Gallon (1891-1966), with Christopher O’Riley, piano
- Hot Canary by Paul Nero (b.1936), arr. Florian Zabach, with Christopher O’Riley, piano.
- "Recuerdos de la Alhambra" (Memories of the Alhambra), by Francisco Tárrega (1852-1909) and “Danza in E Minor” by Jorge Morel (b.1931)
- “Non t'amo più” by Francesco Paolo Tosti (1846-1916), with Christopher O’Riley, piano
- Scherzo-Tarantelle, Op.16 by Henryk Wieniawski (1835-1880), with Christopher O'Riley, piano
- Monday, April 16, 2018
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.