NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Ocean City, New Jersey / 239
This week, From the Top is at the Music Pier in Ocean City, New Jersey, joined by the Ocean City Pops under the direction of William Scheible. You’ll hear a 16-year-old violinist play Wieniawski with the orchestra and an 18-year-old pianist play Bach. Also, the junior division winners of this year’s Fischoff National Chamber Music Competition join Christopher O’Riley to perform Dvořák and a teenage trumpeter teams up with Pops conductor William Scheible to play the music of Vivaldi.
Performers & Repertoire
- I. Allegro Moderato from Violin Concerto No. 1 in F-sharp minor, Op 14 by Henryk Wieniawski
- I. Allegro from Concerto for 2 Trumpets in C by Antonio Vivaldi with Ocean City Pops conductor and trumpeter William Scheible
- Polaris String Quartet | Jenny Lee, 17, violin; Billy Fang, 18, violin; Demi Fang, 15, viola; and Josh Halpern, 17, celloI. Allegro, ma non tanto from Piano Quintet in A major, Op.81 by Antonín Dvořák
- I. Overture from Overture in the French Style, BWV 831 by Johann Sebastian Bach
- I. Andante – Allegro vivace from Sonata No. 4 in C major, Op. 102 by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Monday, November 14, 2011
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation