NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’Riley: Opelika, Alabama / 227
This week, From the Top comes to you from the Opelika Center for the Performing Arts in Opelika, Alabama, where you’ll hear a 13-year-old violinist play Beethoven and an 18-year-old guitarist play Paganini. Also, a young pianist shares the story of how music has brought him close to his little brother.
Performers & Repertoire
- I. Allegro Moderato from Concerto No. 2 in B minor by Giovanni Bottesini
- Introduction et Rondo by Charles-Marie Widor
- Suggestion Diabolique, Op.4, No.4 by Sergei Prokofiev and Evan Ritter tells us about the importance of music in his life.
- Caprice No. 24 by Niccolò Paganini
- III. Rondo: Allegro from Violin Sonata No.1 in D major, Op.12, No.1 by Ludwig van Beethoven
- Monday, January 30, 2012
- Monday, July 18, 2011
- Monday, March 7, 2011
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation