Santa Barbara, CA / 211
This week, from the Lobero Theater in Santa Barbara, California, our line-up of outstanding performers includes an exceptionally young pianist performing Liszt, a teenage piano trio performing the music of Astor Piazzolla, and a talented soprano who received some of her valuable training at the Macaroni Grill.
Performers and Repertoire:
Violinist Jonathan Miron, 17, from New York, NY, performs “The Fountain of Arethusa” from Myths, Three Poems for Violin and Piano by Karol Szymanowski
Soprano and Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Kara Sainz, 17, from Temecula, CA, performs “Voi Che Sapete” from The Marriage of Figaro by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Soleil Trio (violinist Kenneth Renshaw, 16, from San Francisco, CA; cellist Will Chow, 16, from Los Altos, CA; and pianist Rieko Tsuchida, 15, from Mill Valley, CA) perform “Verano Porteño” (Summer) from The Four Seasons of Buenos Aires by Astor Piazzolla, arr. José Bragato.
Flutist Kevin McAtee, 17, from Oxnard, CA, performs I. Allegro maestoso from Concerto No. 1 in G major, K.313 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Pianist Umi Garrett, 9, from Aliso Viejo, CA, performs “Gnomenreigen” (Dance of the Gnomes) by Franz Liszt
Performers & Repertoire
- "The Fountain of Arethusa" from Myths, Three Poems for Violin and Piano by Karol Szymanowski
- Kevin McAtee, fluteI. Allegro maestoso from Concerto No. 1 in G major, K.313 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- “Verano Porteño” (Summer) from The Four Seasons of Buenos Aires by Astor Piazzolla, arr. José Bragato.
- "Voi Che Sapete" from The Marriage of Figaro by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- "Gnomenreigen" (Dance of the Gnomes) by Franz Liszt
- Monday, September 13, 2010
- Monday, April 12, 2010
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.