NPR’s From the Top with Host Christopher O’RileyYountville, California / 225
This week’s show comes to you from Yountville, California in the heart of the Napa Valley, where you’ll meet a teenage clarinetist who’ll play one of Mozart’s most exquisite pieces and then talk about a visionary music education program he created. Also, a 12-year-old local pianist gives you the inside scoop on Napa culture, and a stellar soprano who was on our program a decade ago comes back to share what’s happened in her life and music since then.
Get on the Map! Read about inspiring arts leaders like Perry Choi and tell us about the people in your community who are making a difference through music.
Performers & Repertoire
- I. Allegro con brio from Piano Trio No.4 in B-flat major, Op.11 by Ludwig van Beethoven
- No. 2, 4 and 6 from Six Dances in Bulgarian Rhythm by Béla Bartók
- II. Adagio from Concerto in A major, K. 622 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Soprano
- “It Ceased to Hurt Me”, “I Shall Not Murmur”, and “I Like to See It Lap the Miles” from The White Election, Part Three: Almost Peace by Gordon Getty
- III. Presto in moto perpetuo from Concerto Op. 14 by Samuel Barber
- Monday, December 19, 2011
- Monday, June 20, 2011
- Monday, February 7, 2011
Release date is when this show is released to NPR stations, here on our website, and to our podcast. Shows are released on a weekly basis; please check your local NPR station listing for the actual airtime in your market. If you'd like, you can visit NPR's "Find Stations" page to look for your station.
Support Provided By
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation